Sunday, December 13, 2020

Five Minuet Friday Belong

 as a preface: I misread the prompt word. I am going to share what I wrote anyway:  Using the word: belong

I asked my daughter-in-law the first thing she thought when she heard the word belong. She replied, "included." Difficult challenges these days. We are scattered about as families, friends, even the folks we are used to seeing when we run errands or go to the gym. Our routines have been interrupted or discarded altogether. I know for myself, I feel adrift and a often little lost. As one who runs on a little scattered normally, my loose routine gave me some foundation and connection with others. not so much lately.

Kids in school. Kids out of school. Virtual school. My husband and I both had Covid-19. Much of November a blur. Any sense of routine vanished. I can understand my DIL throwing out the word included. When we lose our community, our people, we become excluded from our foundation. Sadly, in other words, not included. Alone.

Our local community recently lost a young father and a devoted husband. In less than a week donations poured in. A spaghetti dinner happened. The blue collar workers in a dying coal community poured themselves into a family who had lost their rock. Their foundation. Locally we banded together, all included. All belonged. 

As Christians, we know that we belong to one another.
And as Christians, let us be aware. Let us look at one another and those around us. Look for the lost. Look for the lonely. Ones who do not feel as though they belong. Not included. 

The passage below speaks to how we belong to one another. All parts working together for each other's good. Can we extend this belonging to the broken souls around us, that as much as we are able let none be lost, alone. Belonging to each other and the community where God has placed us.


So it is
Paul tells us in Romans 12:5
with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other.

 

 

 


Romans 12:5 NLT

6 comments:

Kym said...

Beautiful - thank you for sharing. Really appreciated your reminder to look for those who are lonely and need someone to reach out to them and include them.

Your neighbor at FMF#36

Sandy kimmel said...

Thank you. I was a little caught of guard when I realized o used the wrong word. But I guess God goes ahead of us. Have a great Christmas

Andrew said...

I think sometimes we've been deluded
by harsh preaching, and by song,
rejecting who should be included,
telling them they don't belong.
All Christians wear the sinner's yoke,
the faithful have already failed,
and yet oftimes our leaders spoke
as if our brothers should be jailed
for doing all the things we did
before we had assumed our pride
that would see us happ'ly rid
of those whose ghosts stand by our side,
banished by our stern head-toss
from the haven of the Cross.

Sandy kimmel said...

So grateful for your wisdom and your words. Thank you. Be blessed beyond measure. ❤️

Jerralea said...

It's good to be reminded of the need for noticing and including others. Too often we go through life with blinders on, only seeing our schedules and agendas. We can miss a lot that way!

Sandy kimmel said...

@ Jerralea, thank for commenting. We are a community.