Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Grateful: the deepest form of worship

We Americans use the season, the Thanksgiving to ponder and share our gratitude and appreciation for the blessings in our lives. We celebrate with feasts, family, and friends; toasting to our greatest gifts. Traditions passed though generations of our most loved, filling them with memories that bind.

2020 without our consent may or may not have affected our traditional traditions.

Grateful. Myself. I struggle with depression and anxiety. I have MS. Messes with my mind and short term memory. Overall weakness and fatigue. 

All to often I lose track of my place in the Kingdom.  How I am forever loved and secure in the arms of Jesus. Accepted by the Father. My room already prepared in the Better Place. 

I am grateful that He never forgets me. No matter where the darkness takes my mind or spirit, I am never lost or parted from the protection of the King. 

My place in the kingdom is secure.

Worship  

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Beautiful post, and you're in my prayers.

I find gratitude close to home...

I merely deal with cancer
and my impending death,
but still play Gay Romancer
unto by final breath,
for my wife deserves the best,
such blessing she has been!
This gratitude that I've confesed
can now but set the scene
for each kindness I can pass,
for laughter that I might evoke
from my pert and bonny lass
with each try at awful joke,
and hope my life was made worthwhile
by the times I made her smile.

Sandy kimmel said...

God bless you and your precious wife.
Your words are sweet and wise.