Friday, November 20, 2020

Five Minute Friday: Grief

 

Even in laughter the heart may ache, and the end of joy may be grief.  Psalm 14:13 NEV

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.” Charles Dickens, Tale of Two Cities

 

Two quotes, one the Word of God, one from a favorite book. In my experience most of our lives grief and joy walk hand in hand, sometimes one walking in front and one in the rear. If we understand the complete word of God (as much as may be possible for us humans), side my side is the better way. 

 

I believe we will most always carry the burden of grief somewhere within. Death. Disappointment. Loss. Sickness. Family discord will leave its mark on our souls. We may experience relief and healing, but the scars of pain of will remain. 

 

In the depth of our soul the joy of the Lord carries our inner and outer selves, propelling us into the lives we've been called to live. 

Joyfully. 

Not silly, giddy happy. 

But confident despite the hard stuff of this life: HIS Joy, HIS Grace is sufficient for the day that is called today.



 


8 comments:

Yvonne Billian said...

As this year has left some grief in my life, I am so glad that God is sufficient enough. Even though the pain, the scars, and that emptiness is still felt I know I can move forward because of the strength God gives to me. Visiting from FMF #26

Andrew said...

The best of times, the worst of times,
and times beyond belief,
but even if they all are crimes
I still won't suffer grief
to grab my throat and hold me fast,
to make me wail and moan,
for at the very, very last
I'll gladly stand alone
to spit back hatred to the flames,
to charge into the fire,
\kicking ass and taking names,
never to retire
until the final 'said and done'
that says, ‘Stand down, this war is won.

netablogs said...

As long as we live on this earth, we will experience grief, that's for sure. Grief also means that we have experienced something good, which is a gift. I agree, grief and joy do walk hand in hand. Great post!
Visiting you from FMF#27

Sandy kimmel said...

I’m sorry @Yvonne Billion. It’s been a a rough year on so many levels of life I’m near drowning too often. It’s good to be bound together through it as sisters. God bless you and hold you fast.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Love the title of your post.
(Visiting from #30)

Sandy kimmel said...

Yes! And Amen.

Sandy kimmel said...

Thank you. God bless you.

Sandy kimmel said...

The war is won. Amen.
Still the battle rages.