Sunday, November 08, 2020

Five MInute Friday: Ahead

Many words have been written and spoken in reference to the recent presidential election. I guess I do not feel a pressing need to add or subtract to the dialoges and opinions already expressed.

I feel myself becoming wordy.  I am tempted to when I do not feel I have much to say, or that if I open my heart and share, I could spill more beans than my comfort level allows.  

I have a week ahead of me. Not an easy one. Not many are. Easy. But that is for another time. Choices need to me made on how to approach the days ahead. 

The Covid 19 game of tag landed on my doorstep this morning, having made a brief test visit in October. 

Raising two challenging grandsons, twelve and thirteen, I have been blessed to have them enrolled in a Christian school that has maintained in person teaching. Until this morning. Our school remains open; the boys will remain home. Encouraging them maintain passing grades while in school, can be difficult and tumultuous. My husband, the Covid positive family member, moved a bit grudgingly to his office apartment in town, cutting our (boys and my need to quarantine in half. Many parents and grandparents are virtual schooling children and grandchildren. I am not alone. My heart is with them. However, their trials will not make ours any easier. My personal health issues. The older on the spectrum. In utero drug and alcohol exposure.  Early life trauma, increases the excitement of the endeavor ahead. 

Choice one. Lock my sobbing panicked self in my room.. Not good for any of us. Definitely not God honoring.

Choice two. Look up to Jesus, who is not surprised by my vision of disaster. Depend on Him. Pray more. Stay connected with friends who can support me, not my personal favorite. I prefer muddling and falling in the dark alone. I mean right? I am shaking my head knowing this has not worked well for in the past.

How will the week ahead play out?  Tonight I choose option two. Knowing in advance my responses will be mixture of one and two. The battle begins.The victory will be His alone.

3 comments:

E Adams Wright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
E Adams Wright said...

Sandy, I am praying that God's grace will continue to abound toward you. Some of what you shared seem reflected in the lyrics of the song, " I must tell Jesus." So grateful that we can call on Him. Here are some of the lyrics:

I must tell Jesus
All of my trials
I cannot bear these burdens alone
In my distress
He kindly will help me
He ever cares and loves His own

I must tell Jesus
I must tell Jesus
I cannot bear these burdens alone
I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus
Jesus can help me, Jesus alone

Tempted and tried I need a great savior
One who can help my burdens to bear
I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus
He all my cares and sorrows will share

I must tell Jesus
I must tell Jesus
I cannot bear these burdens alone
I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus
Jesus can help me, Jesus alone

Visiting from FMF. Blessings.

Source: Lyricsfind
Songwriters: Wayne Antonio Bucknor / Savonne Yvette Floyd / Negelle Yvonne Sumter / Ebony Trotter / Karima Trotter Kibble / Dp
I Must Tell Jesus lyrics © Warner Chappell Music, Inc, Universal Music Publishing Group, Songtrust Ave

Sandy kimmel said...

Thank you. I’m am blessed. I am a little afraid. The boys can be violent.
But i will decide to trust only in Him. And I will sing the song. God bless you.