Friday, May 21, 2021

Five Minute Friday: excuse

 I am a writer. That doesn’t mean I write. Regularly. I know that God has gifted me with the ability to string words and phrases together in an interesting manner. I had a college professor tell me not to say, “I’m a wanna be writer. Or I hope to be one someday.” You either are a writer or your not. A writer has to write regularly. Practice their craft. Be diligent in becoming proficient in the stringing together of interesting, words, weaving them into something that someone would want to read  

I want to be consistently good at what I do. Writing a decent piece brings fulfillment and a sense of accomplishment. And, I’ve used my precious gift  

But yes, I’m full of excuses  “I’m tired. I’m not in the mood. I’m dry; I’ve got nothing today.” Without stretching myself  pushing through the excuses I will not grow and blossom in writing. I will shrivel and not produce the fruit I desire  

I wouldn’t let excuses like those stop me from doing chores or raising my grandsons. (Well, I might) 

 Please hold me accountable Lord. Remind to pursue my passion, and with much gratitude walk in my calling.  


No comments: