Saturday, March 20, 2021

Five Minute Friday: Redeemed

 Redeemed

 
“So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten..." Joel 2:25

Above is one of my favorite verses. Throughout my adult life it has been a foundational scripture reminding me that my story is not over.  

Restored and redeemed are of similar meaning. Synonyms of sorts. Jesus the Great redeemer has all the empty pockets of our lives stored up. Some we will see restored this side of heaven, others maybe not until Glory. Either way they are held safe until the time He desires. Such a confidence we can have that every heartache or loss we will see restored because of His great love. The sacrificial Love of the cross where He redeemed us of our sins, so that he could reunite us to the Father. In turn restore and heal the broken pieces of our hearts.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I'd really rather be restored
this side of Heaven's Promised Land,
but if that is my reward,
I'll cowboy up and understand
that some things weren't meant to be,
not in this life, any rate,
and in the next life I may see
just what would have been my fate
had all my wishes here been granted,
all the things I sought to do;
would I have been thus quite enchanted,
or depressed, Eeyore-d and blue
when I found success' tall
ladder climbed a dead-wrong wall?

Sandy kimmel said...

Andrew. I love your words. I am blessed to receive them.