Monday, March 01, 2021

Five Minute Friday Prompt: Enable

 Enable

To enable; give (someone or something) the authority or means to do something. 

"the evidence would enable us to arrive at firm conclusions"

Similar:
authorize
sanction
warrant
license
qualify
allow
permit
entitle
empower
accredit
legalize
validate
commission
delegate
OK
give the OK to
give the green light to
give the thumbs up to
let
 
Hang in here with me. The meaning and synonyms for enable.
I choose empower
I have two grandsons I am raising. I am sure I  I have mentioned this in the past. 
I am struggling with discipline and respect, and general control of chaos. Now they are young teens, so that is to be expected. My job is not to give them everything: but to give them the tools they will to become the men God has called them to be. And also to not become jerks...
 To show them, lead them to the power they will need as adults to walk in the fear and obedience of the Lord. A personal relationship with the Creator. I cannot do this without first seizing the power and wisdom I seek  from God. Dear Jesus send Your Holy Spirit to our home that we may all be enabled to seek you and desire to walk in your ways.

3 comments:

E Adams Wright said...

"Dear Jesus send Your Holy Spirit to our home that we may all be enabled to seek you and desire to walk in your ways." This prayer is relevant for every stage of life. Thanks for sharing it. Visiting from FMF.

Mom23Rosebuds said...

I love your prayer at the end of this post. Thank you for sharing your heart about your grandsons. I have two daughters and a son. My oldest daughter is eleven. I really appreciate your thoughts about giving them tools they need to become the adults God called them to be. I am stopping by from Five Minute Friday.

Sue said...

I raised two sons and I LOVED your line "and also not to become jerks." Because really, that's huge. God bless and keep you as you journey this path, and God bless those boys. FMF#55