Friday, June 25, 2021

Five Minute Friday: Quiet

Today I have been given the gift of quiet, making quiet a most appropriate a prompt. Last evening and  most of today I am alone in one of my sweet spots. One grandson is away at youth camp the other home with his Pap. Yesterday Kaleb captured a small green snake. Now he is in his glory. Not my personal source of joy. But I am blessed for him. 

As for me, given a day of freedom from the daily pressures of home; and rearing two teenage wildcats, I’m wallowing in the serenity of alone in the quiet. I am allowed the freedom to seek Jesus. It’s been a long meandering crawl to find my way back to His light and life. Depression is a nasty creature. Alas, a story for another day. 

Today is my day alone with Him. 





4 comments:

Amie Wills said...

Thank you for your honesty about your "a long meandering crawl... back to His light and life." I have felt that way many a times. Blessings to you today.

Amie, FMF #16

Joybright said...

In busy seasons of life, quiet is truly a gift. Thanks for sharing and hope you enjoy your day!

Tish said...

Enjoy your day. I hope your wildcats return having had a blessed time themselves.

Ellie Di said...

Having navigated the wilds of depression, myself, I know that it can be a two-edged sword, but when your focus is on Jesus, it is truly precious. I'm glad that you're able to enjoy the time.