Thursday, June 10, 2021

Five Minute Friday:

  Proverbs 13:11, ESV: "Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it."

  Slowly work towards your goal. The scripture uses the word wealth, however, I believe we can transpose it into anything we value. Could be a sin we are trying to overcome. Or perhaps a strength or gift in our lives we want to pursue, to become more accomplished. 

  I would like to be more cheerful, kinder, more patient. Also, spend more time with my horses, to ride regularly again. To seek fellowship with other Christian women, friends I need and desire in my life. 

  I look at all these goals and convince myself they should all be accomplished quickly. Today? Instead of taking the time to slowly work on a few at a time. To rely on the Holy Spirit to lead me and guide me. God does not want be to be burden to myself. To pressure myself into overnight change. When I seek to hurry, rush, I may meet my mark, but it will not endure over time. Little by little I must work to increase my proficiency thereby establishing the destination I chase, and maybe more.  

No comments: