Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Ginger, her old owner, and me


My Ginger's not so Snappy

My new mare, her name is Zippo's Ginger Snap, Ned's horse, is ailing. She woke up this morning and had not eaten any of her last evening' s dinner; grain, but not hay. She seemed lethargic, and dull in the eyes. After several hours and still no appetite, I called the vet. I guess this was precipitated by a phone call from Jer saying her pee was red. Kinda scary. I saw her "go" tonight and its not so much red as dark burnt orange. I hope your reading Rob. I know how you love it when I talk about horse anatomy and equine secretions. But she puts me more in mind of a urinary track infection or something. Anyway, I am killing time in the barn hoping to check on her one more time tonight. I have been praying for her and if she is not better in the AM will get the vet out here. Animals are like baby humans they can't tell you what hurts, of where it hurts. Its real frustrating to see them hurting or sick and not no what to do.

We went to a church softball game this evening. Randy is on one team and Ned is on the other; so tonight was a loving grudge match. It was a ton of fun. Got to watch the game, and got to yack with a bunch of people I love but never see. Lots of laughter. Later we went for a late dinner and were supposed to go to the Meadows, a local ice cream place. But, Drew must have forgotten, I am not feeling like I had a chocolate waffle cone. Hmm! I guess it was raining buckets and sky illuminating lightening was turned up on high.

Ok, my head is starting to pound. Better check on my horse and get to bed. If you think of it, pray for my pony. Horses can go down real quick, like from a little sick to dead. Ok, 'nuff.

2 comments:

Roberto said...

Yeah, I'm reading. And it seems unfair or at least unkind to make fun of what may be a dying animal.

And, really, it's just how casually you talk about this stuff. You know, I'm so sensitive, why I do believe I have the vapors!

Actually, most conversations I have with my clients, on any given day, would probably give YOU the vapors.

I'll pray for Ginger Snap.


--Roberto

Vicki said...

Preach it Rob...