Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Twas the night before tomorrow.

It's hard to imagine what life was like then When the evening was peaceful, quiet and free. Before pull ups and sippy cups had to be bought. Before Tractors, and trains, hot wheels and games Littered the hardwood, the carpet, the stairs. When no one crept into my bed in the night Whimpering and whining that they'd suffered a fright. Seems long ago, that my life was my own. My comings and goings were were all about me, And sometimes my husband and our family.... My heart has been challenged and stretched open wide Turns out when you say, "jesus, i give you my life." He takes it And molds it As He sees is best. The Fathers's hand can be felt every day Touching my heart and making it new. The fingers he uses are sticky and small They create lovely drawings on couches and walls. I'm grateful and thankful And blessed beyond measure. For as He has promised He's given great treasure.

3 comments:

Sandy kimmel said...

Ok, so where are the line breaks....?
Sposed to be a poem of sorts....first draft.

Briana Almengor said...

I "hear" the poem despite the missing line breaks.
You're pouring our a heart of worship in these lines and the living of them.
hugs.

Sandy kimmel said...

Thanks Bri. God bless you and yours. Hope you get your voice back ..