Friday, October 25, 2013

Together Five Minute Friday Prompt

I'm laughing, we'll not really. I'm sitting in my mom-mobile with the Labradoodle panting on the back seat. Waiting. Grown son is seeing a doctor. He does not drive, and can be somewhat needy. Nothing to do with "together"...except that I am almost always WITH someone. Rarely together with anyone, especially women friends. The fatigue in my life exacerbated by much stress and busy household keep me homebound more than is good for me. I am convicted and encouraged by the prompt post on Today's Five Minute Friday, spurred on to work towards changing my loner tendencies.  Truthfully, I have become content and complacent in my seclusion. I am able to convince my self that it is not self imposed but a result of life circumstances beyond my control. My control but not God's, who encourages and even commands fellowship with the saints, even beyond my Sunday church attendance. What will I do about it?  I have made a commitment to attend tomorrow morning a women's breakfast at our local church (which I have been a part of for over 25 years, these ladies are not strangers). My few closest comrades will not be attending so it will be a double stretch. God has been pushing to drive me out of my hermit life for some time; grudgingly, with limited faith, tomorrow I will take a baby step.

7 comments:

Gertraud Walters said...

It's so easy to be content with your own company. But we have to be careful that we don't become estranged to far too many friends and people. I realize that I too have to make an effort to get together with friends. Your post has been a reminder. Thank you very much.
Enjoy your Breakfast Meeting tomorrow. And go you must :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun tomorrow!
http://leahjlynn.wordpress.com/2013/10/25/the-definition-of-love/

Anonymous said...

As I was reading this, I was thinking: WOMEN'S BREAKFAST and so I was happy to see your commitment to go!

I have a similar problem, for opposite reasons. Being unemployed for going on six months now, I am spending more and more time holed up in my apartment, wearing sweatpants, laying on my sofa and watching Netflix. Church is my only time around people, for the most part.

Anyway, great writing, Sandy... keep taking it one day at a time. Do you like John Irving? "Keep passing the open windows!" Or was that John Cheever? Or John Updike? One of them, I'm pretty sure.

Sandy kimmel said...

thanks rob, I do like John Irving; he is a bit off his rocker in a sandy maybe rob kind a way. he is a combo of the macabre reality of the real side of life...taken to the extreme. Wrote Cider House Rules and The World According to Garp...
you support is meaningful and important.

Sandy kimmel said...

Oh Rob look, got the button thingy to work...

Anonymous said...

I can say I definitely know what you mean. I sometimes call my house my "fortress of solitude"...which I consider a good thing. ...I can feel the pull of "hermiting" (new word obviously)...never used to be like that...and I believe we did try to get together for coffee about 10 years ago..the story of my life...

Grain, pain, and smiling in the rain said...

Dear Anonymous 2...who are you, maybe we can try again?