Monday, August 16, 2021

Five Minute Friday: Accountability

 I tend to live a bit of a hermit’s life.  It can be cozy, but also quite lonely. Not much accountability either. My personal and spiritual lives suffer from lack of input from others. In reality one should not have a personal life and a spiritual life. One, I, ought to have a life. A life open to service and also inspection. When my thoughts and emotions are known only to myself, they can become distorted. Drifting from the true and concrete to smattering of hazy, unfettered ideas and wrong thinking. If I’m in a hard place and only turn on inward for my consul and comfort, I have nothing to give myself. I it’s imperative that I reach out to friends or family to secure realistic and compassionate support. In return I can pray and seek God honestly. Right thinking is a result of the love and care of others. It is essential I be humble and receive graciously what God has gifted me. 

4 comments:

Annette said...

visiting from FMF33, very true that we need others involved in our lives somehow, it lends perspective to our days.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Amen! Visiting from FMF #29, and your post really resonated with me because it sounds so much like me. (Sorry if this is a duplicate comment. It didn't look like the first one registered.)

Sandy kimmel said...

Thank you @Great-Granny Grandma.
Your words bless me. I am honored to be like you.

Sandy kimmel said...

Thank you @Annette. God Bless you.