Monday, September 18, 2006

The Bible tells us that Pride comes before a fall; well, I can attest to that. Literally. Last evening I survived the first pitch off my horse. I'm suppose'n I had gotten a bit arrogant, considering I had ridden out some fairly significant bucks from the two larger horses in our barn. I do not know if I seriously considered that I could be thrown from my own sweet, loves be best of all little mare. Well, I could be, I can be,I have been. We had been riding for almost 45 minutes, and apart from a few minorly disrespectful attitudes and actions she had behaved fairly well. We had a bit of "lets just go backwards though the neighbor's yard" behavior, the "you are gonna have to drag me up the driveway and hill to the arena if you want to ride on my back" attitude. We had already done the "I am not so sure this is fun for me" rear up on two legs activity. So when the little chicken buck came along I was totally unprepared for that, Oh boy, I am not going to stay on this time, feeling in the pit of my stomach. And I did not, stay on. Must have flown up in the air, and on impact with the deep sand rolled over on my stomach with my legs under the rail.
I gotta quit for now, I need to get a nap...Will finish story a little later

1 comment:

Roberto said...

Glad to hear that, overall, nothing was seriously hurt! It sounds like quite a fall. Or "throw," actually.

Keep writing!