Monday, September 25, 2006

Good Horse Day

Monday..usually not the greatest day of the week. Yet, today was not so awful. I succeded in making a decent dinner, served a bit late, but still satisfied the hungry men.

Took Randy to the Dr.s, which made him very happy, happy that I took time out just for him. Randy is often dissappointed by his perceived lack of personal attention. So for me to go into town just to take him someplace, someplace he could have easily taken the bus, was a big deal. After his appointment I brought him out to the house. Randy did a few chores for $$ and I napped a bit.

I helped Jer with his homework which he finished before dinner for the first time ever. No tears were shed, not even any real whining or complaining. Randy had gotten him started and Jer just kept at it until he was finished. I had to rein him in a couple of times but for the most part he plodded along until all was complete. Victory for the school boy. God is good.

'Rode Cool twice today. Once before I went to town, if only for a few minutes. I had taken Drew a few sandwiches and a bottle of water. By the time I got back home I only had a short time before I had to leave again; this time to get Randy. And by the way, suprisingly, I was on time to pick him up. Another point for mom.

After tossing the meatloaf in the oven Jer, Randy, I led Cool up to the arena. She was a real good girl. Jer rode her for ten minutes or so. After that Randy rode; I was so blessed. She just went around the big oval like an old tail mare. As good as she was at a walk, she was a bit hesitant to pick up the pace for Randy. He had her at a Corto for a few paces but then she would get antsy or stay at a walk. After Randy rode I took my turn.

Tonight my horse gave me all I expect and more. True she is not ready for the trail, but as the sun sank in the western sky my girl Cool proved that the day is coming soon when her and I will scale the big hill across the road.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I just found your blog today. How exciting. Now I can know what is going on in your life and how you are doing since we don't get to hang out as much as I would like. I have a blog too (but I use a pseudonym so my employer won't find out I am job hunting.) I hope we can do lunch soon. Not sure about next week as my grandfather is coming to town from Baltimore that weekend. Missing you guys. Let's get together soon... maybe we can plan how to make your holiday meal easier??? Vic