Sunday, September 09, 2007

Whilst I stood quiet my bones wasted away...
or snapped off as the case may be

I stand firm in the grace of God knowing my redemption is sealed and my transgressions covered by the Cross Work and Resurrection of Jesus. I need not walk in condemnation or fear of retribution for acts committed by my sin nature. Though unseated from its former evil throne it is still able to raise its thorny head spewing pride, anger, unkindness, selfishness, laziness, and immoral thoughts wreaking havoc within my spirit and peppering my loved ones with toxic fallout. I commit the very acts which I despise and do not carry through with the good deeds I my heart yearns to bring forth.

OK, I had planned to tell a story, a true story of which I am still writing in my personal book of life. But sleep is calling loudly. I will have to come back to it. Suffice it to say God is currently in the process of walking me through the fiery furnace of purification and dross burning. The pain is great, but I am in faith for the greater good, and finer silver that will be produced.

No comments: