Monday, January 26, 2009

Two weeks out

The happy newlyweds have been married just over two weeks and are now on their honeymoon in Gatlinburg Tennessee. I sure hope it is warmer there than it is here.
I wrote the best post ever the other day...only problem was I wrote in all in my head; not a very safe place to store important information.
Much on my heart but not too awful much making it into the gray matter of this weary writer. I am thinking I am much better than I feel, but to be on the safe side I am going to sleep early again tonight. No babies, but they will be back tomorrow. So its best to rest up in advance for any impending sleeplessness to come.

Things on my plate:
building a new house
moving out of an old home
moving into a new home
choosing a variety of miscellaneous items to finish new home
planning for care of babies while in Florida
planning for care of horses while in Florida
planning for care of two dogs while in Florida
caring for babies between now and Florida
keeping Jer straight
keeping me straight
trying not to think I need to keep Drew straight
carpooling every day
current barn chores
daily meals
taking a shower at least three times a week
going to visit a sick friend
going to visit a friend with a new baby
remembering to read my bible once in a while
storming the gates of heaven on behalf of family and all the above mentioned items
current family mini crisis
preventing mini crisis from become major crisis; should see second one above, too big a task for me alone
keeping Kaleb out of toilet
keeping Kaleb out of everything else he should not get into
stop looking for more things to put on my plate

Good thing God knocks me off a horse once in a while to keep my eyes on Him.

6 comments:

Vicki said...

I would love to help with the boys... I was really hoping I could... but once again, I too have a plate that is full...

Not sure when my dad is going to have the surgery, but preparing for living in Latrobe part time for a while...

The good news is he is having the surgery in Greensburg instead of Pittsburgh.

Roberto said...

Tuesday, 27 January 2009

Oh, wow, Sandy: this was a great post.

You didn't mention your hormone-fueled Saturday. Heh heh.

You're in my prayers!

- - -

Joe and I ate at the new BBQ place in town, today: Hog Fathers. It's where the transmission place used to be (and a gas station before that), across from Blockbuster. Pretty good. Here's what he said: "You... wouldn't mind eating lunch at a barbecue place... that used to be a transmission shop... would you?" Apparently Mary did mind, so he was happy to find someone to experiment with him. I'm just making sacrifices all over the place.

Roberto said...

Tuesday, 27 January 2009

No, really: that post rocks. I just came back to read it again.

Sandy kimmel said...

No problem Vic, got the babes covered; the dogs are another story. Heheh.
Thanks Rob, It was therapeutic to write. Even crossed a few things off today, and ahhh thanks for reminding me about Saturday @ the Indiana Roller Rink; Seeds of Faith Middle School Class plus a few others. Minus church friends

Sandy kimmel said...

Drew was kinda eye-ing up the new BBQ spot I will have to pass on your positive review. Maybe you guys could take him...

Johanna said...

Fun post on the serious nitty-gritty of life. I think we should all put in writing a list like that just to remind ourselves that WOW we really need God, there's no way I could be doing all THAT apart from HIM! Sue's(my niece) significant other is a manager at HogFathers. Not Weight Watcher food (even the shrimp is wrapped in bacon,) but the menu sounds yum. Lots of ice today, we were supposed to have a home ed field trip,not. Have a great day all, be careful out there!