Sunday, June 28, 2009

Baby Brio





Monday morning past, we welcomed Zippo's Cool Brio Bar into our barn family. The little filly was born just after 3:00 AM, as predicted by good friend Barry Beatty. After checking new mother Summer at 1:30 with nothing exciting going on, Jer looked out the observation window just after 3:00 to discover the wee one just kicking her way out of the birth sac. Rushing to call me on the cell phone we kept missing each other as I was trying to call him to see what was going on. Jer was sleeping in the barn and I was at home with daddy-no-arms. Ha...We have a bed and a day bed in the barn office. I will have to continue later as my patient needs a pill and I need to go to bed. Just wanted to post these pics...God is so good to continue to bestow such precious gifts on one so unworthy...

1 comment:

Roberto said...

It, um... looks like a cow.

I like how so many of your posts have some kind of fluid or body function (or both!) involved.

Birth sac.

Nice.

I'm off for a few days back east... weird vibes, bad feeling.