Monday, October 19, 2009

OK, its like this...I am in the barn hanging out with my three year old filly, Mia, who very recently ingested way more goat feed than a horse is supposed to. Have a call into my vet, who is on the way. Just grooming, brushing her; more to calm me than her. Her barn neighbor the not so friendly Zulu, named accurately for the African warrior, stretches her long black neck around the corner to snap out a not so friendly nip at my soon to be ailing friend. Defending my rightful sovereignty as Queen of the Barn, I take a swing at the nasty mare. I miss of course. The rubber curry comb clutched in the defending arm is lost in the momentum and swirls across the yard. My ever-faithful dog Howard, who was nowhere to be seen only moments ago sweeps into view making off with the blue treasure almost before I realize I have lost it...Of course.
And I wait for the vet.

3 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

I didn't know you were blogging. :)
This will be a nice way to keep better in touch w/ ya'll. Missed you at Steve's memorial if you were there. I was in and out of town in a flash. Grateful to be apart of his home going service, though. Grateful for my Indiana home.

Vicki said...

WELCOME BACK SANDY!!!
I was hoping you would come back to us...
Hope you had a good b-day.

My homestudy is on Wednesday and then I will be approved... again...

yeah!

Sandy kimmel said...

Good to be back Vic, hold me accountable. Too exciting around here not to share the joy...
Briana, Maybe I will keep at it again. I am sorry I missed you, I don't think I even saw you. You could bring the gang here if you don't mind a couch or sleeping bags on the floor. Your kids would get a HUGE taste of the country life. Did you know we moved? Just a mile up the road.