Saturday, February 27, 2010

memories not forgotten



A picture of an old friend, but one who was a friend for only a short time. browsing through photos hoping to find a writing inspiration as if this morning's Chambers" reading was not worthy of comment...it was, very much so. So much so that I wrote it all day in my head. Now, seems like work, and maybe requiring more thinking energy than I have for this late in the day. As it always seems, I have some profound thought/s I can hardly wait to share with the waiting world only to weary of the work of it all.

Now this mare, she was a fine woman. Strong, vital, energetic, willing, but all the while expecting you to prove yourself worthy of her labor. I myself never rode up on her sturdy back. She came to stay while I was grounded from a larger fall; breaking my collar bone and confidence for a long season. I watched her work, carry others around; proudly, confidently, with purpose and dignity. For only a few short months she lived in my barn and under care. Somehow she slipped away one early afternoon in an equine hospital in Ohio.

It was a sad, very sad event in my life. Did I miss a sign? Was my lack of experience at the time a factor in Ginger's tragic death? My friends and the experts all say it was just one of those things. A fluke. Did I get to see the hand of God, or witness His Wisdom Unfathomable? NO! Not then and not now. Do I proclaim is Goodness, YES, as I always will. Do I understand? No again, but I am so in love with Him and confident in His Greater love for me that the answer does not need to be found in this life. I rest in Him.

No comments: