Monday, February 15, 2010

This One's for You Vic...

I have not been the blogger I should be, and I am real sorry about that. We have had a busy week here in the Sunshine State...not so sunny since we have been here. I keep telling myself and everyone else that "I am not complaining", but that is most likely not so true. I mean we drove all the way down here, rushing out of the house a half a day early, driving deep into the night to stay ahead of the snow; only to be forced off the road and into a Hampton Inn sometime around 4:00am, sleeping only a few short hours before we headed south again. We did wake to find the highway closed due to snowy conditions which caused several accidents, at least two involving tractor trailers. The delay allowed me a morning nap and Drew the chance to do what he does, phone calls, and Fox news watching.

Still, somewhat hazardous, initially travel was slow. Frozen snow and ice clumps rattled the our innards and reminded us of the highways of western PA. Normally by North Carolina we should be experiencing warmer temps and a few posies at the rest areas...

Guess its getting late. Will have to continue my lament tomorrow. Began the process of packing while watching HOUSE reruns and my new guilty pleasure "24"

Just got word my travelers landed safely in Pittsburgh. Now they have to get their bags, drag them through the snow, try and find a Tahoe under a mountain of frozen white. Hopefully the roads will not cause them too much trouble.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

thanks for writing... been thinking about you guys LOTS and praying you are having a wonderful time... so glad Ned and Hannah got to come down for a little.

6 more days and I meet the caseworker to plan the transfer of my little girl. at this point it looks like it is really going to happen... if it doesn't, you might have to take me on another vacation... :)

Love you guys.
thanks for writing.

Sandy kimmel said...

Keep me posted on what's going on.