Tuesday, December 25, 2012

breathing

Life, the inhaling and exhaling oxygen and other related gases; a fist sized muscle contacting rhythmically pumping the fluids of life to waiting appendages and organs. Humans, the most complex living organism on the planet Earth. Organically speaking. If only it were all that simple. Inhaling and exhaling. At times this bare minimum can become the equivalent of climbing Everest. Not that I have or ever will have the desire to experience that hefty feat. I began this little essay months ago. At the time thought it trite and let it lie in the draft pile. Wishing to write a few words about the holiday, and other events I discovered the opening sentences a bit intriguing. Though now the day's events have taken their toll and my eyes and are begging me to put them and the rest of my humanness to bed. I must comply. I will leave this little teaser hoping to get back to it before too many more days pass. So that being typed, Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you writing again, Sandy! And good to see you survived the holiday! Just one more big one, and we can all relax for a while.

Although, Wednesday... the day after Christmas, and the day of the first big storm of the season, I stopped to get some milk and other essentials and say... yes, EASTER CANDY is on display at WalMart. And Sheetz. Not Valentines, Easter.

Please keep writing: it's good for you and always enjoyable for others, like me, to read!

- Robert

Anonymous said...

You know what else makes me crazy? It's like 360 days until Christmas, and some people already have their Christmas decorations up! Trees! Lights! It's crazy! Give it a rest, people! :-)

Wait, here's another one for you:

A cop just knocked on my door and told me my dogs were chasing people on bikes. My dogs don't even own bikes!

- Robert

Sandy kimmel said...

thanks for the laughs Rob. I want to write...but exhaustion takes over. Sometimes I cannot even get to answer or respond to emails...imagine that. thanks also for the encouragement