Sunday, December 10, 2006

Hello out there.
Here I am. Just a'hang'ng out. Got a real pain in my back, coming from that bad place under my left shoulder blade.

I also have a tight spot in my lower right side. Funny thing is, I think I pulled something trying to put my chaps on yesterday. Oh yea...it is darn funny; so please do laugh. Last time I tried them on, the chaps, I had to have help. And there are pictures to document the harrowing ordeal it. Scary pictures.

So why would I ever try them on again, without losing twenty pounds? Heh, just dumb vanity I suppose. I do have a horsey friend though who showed me how I was putting them on wrong. Wrong enough it could maybe make a difference in how they fit. Or so I thought. Getting them on, around the waist, is not a problem; it is the zipping up the sides that can get challenging. The zipper runs from just below the hipbone all the way down past the toe of your boot. That is if you can get the zipper to the toe of your boots. My hips are the nearly insurmountable mountain. The zipper just seems to stop, snagged on some invisible blockage.

The pain in my lower back is I believe from bending over backwards while tugging furiously on a small strip of copper alloy. Adding to the trial was the tangled black fringe flopping unrestrained into the would-be path of my errant metal nemesis. The combination of my upper body twisting around nearly 250*, tremendous physical effort tugging and pulling, while attempting to keep the zipper path clutter free must have strained a muscle or two.

The chaps did end up zipped hip to toe, however I believe I had them hung a bit too low on the mountainous hips; there seems to be a fine line between resting firmly on the hips and just hanging on for dear life. Before to long they were sinking farther and farther down my leg. Yes, I did remove them but not before I strutted about in front of all equine friends. I am sure I gained their increased respect and a longing in each of their horsey hearts for that day soon when we will feel the brisk wind in our manes and the winter sun our backs. I am sure it was a collective covetous sigh I heard as I slipped around the corner to privately drop the drooping suede drawers. I am positive it was not muffled snorting.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you're funny, made me smile.
Johanna