Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Same place, different day, a little bit different circumstances.

Jer is one sick pup. A fever, runny nose, upset stomach, general malaise. I will call the DR tomorrow if he is not better. I hate if when my kids are sick. I feel so helpless. If I was a better prayer, maybe I would be more confident in God's healing power. But...I know better than that anyway. His healing, health, temperature, are not based on my abilty to pray well. God's grace is thankfully not based on us at all, our ability or lack of ability in any way.

I suppose I am preaching to myself here. I want my boy well. And, I sure do not my weaknesses to stand in the way of that. Maybe that is why we are supposed to talk to ourselves, not listen to our flesh fueled doubts. He lies here sleeping fittfully, half groaning. Please Lord, pour your healing mercies out on my baby boy. In Jesus name, let healing flow, let the fever come down. Jesus, take away the discomfort, ease his pain. Let your rivers flow.

It has always been easier for me to write almost anything than to speak it in words.
Time maybe for me to start stepping out and taking some baby steps in this area.

What do you think?
Oh Tory, where are you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here I am... Do you need some relief? I have my red super hero cape on ready to swoop in for the rescue. Do you need help with Christmas shopping/wrapping or just need to have a lunch/dinner out where you can get away from it all? Give me a call. It would do me good to get away from this computer for a while. Keep preaching to yourself... the listening will just get you in trouble... Love you.