Monday, April 27, 2009

Big enough


a sink large enough to bath two babies and still have room for fun. They were not "Home Alone"
Bruises from playing like country boys, not abusive grandparents. Though the one on DrewAllen's forehead was inflicted by his older brother and a door. Today Kaleb came around the back of the Gator and hit his head on the tailgate. Jer told him he was OK and not to worry about it. After only a very few tears he was not worrying. Later though, I did note a little bump and some broken skin. He could have gotten away with a few more tears, if Grammy had paid more attention. While his little brother sat discontentedly in the stroller, Kaleb helped carry manure and give grain and water to the horses. He even called for "Mia" in the field. Any language for him is a great blessing to a grandma's ears.

Below, this morning's second baby arrived with a little help from Grandpa Drew. Still sticky from its bumpy arrival, after only a few minutes of rolling around in the hay it was up walking and eating. A day in the life....

3 comments:

Vicki said...

awwww... they are SO sweet... (as Tonya would say, "I could eat them with a spoon...")

what a fun day today must have been. I really want to make a trip out your way for some farm pics.

keep the baby pics comin'... grandbabies and farm babies...
love it!

Johanna said...

Love the pics, glad you're back to blogging, maybe I'll get inspired to do the same. Spring is such a heavy- sigh-of-happiness season...God is so good. I was there while you slept on Sun. in case they didn't tell you, visited your horsies in the new barn. Jer said you might go for a trail ride? We've enjoyed getting out on the horsies the past few days! Love my horse, he just gets better and better. Love to you, hope we can visit soon, though I know you have some busy days ahead, but...school winds down soon. (Yea!)

Sandy kimmel said...

those boys are cute for sure...crazy cute; And yes I guess, you could "eat them with a spoon" Just wish I could them to eat with a spoon

I would love to trail ride, just uncertain I which horse. Poco, I guess to start. Need to work with Mia. Christy is trying to work the teenage kinks out of Dory.