Sunday, March 21, 2010

Health Care No Thank You

I am disturbed by the impending vote in the US House of Representatives. Though it has been years since I have studied the Constitution, it was an attempted minor during one of my stabs at a college degree I am appalled at the shedding it has been exposed to of late. And tonight if this bill becomes law; it will not longer be the "Law of the Land", but will become merely a few paragraphs in a Jr. High American History text and no more. If I believed in the current bill and saw it as a potential law of moral value and consequence I would even yet cry out against the abhorrent process it will have taken to become law.

The authors of the Constitution were not saints or even all Christians as some conservative advocates would have us believe. But, they were men who passionately believed in a form of government that would serve an energetic young land; in a form or government that would/could stand the test to time. The language used is both very specific and purposely general so that it could bend with the season but not change with the times.

What we see now is a change so drastic that I believe the parchment is not only cracked but broken. Beyond repair? Only God knows. Confident in His plan, I am confident of my future. But the future of the United States of America, for that I am pierced with an aching loss, knowing as a Nation we have lost our most treasured of freedoms; the guarantee of a voice in our government.

1 comment:

Roberto said...

Wow! What a completely great, off-the-usual-topics, post!

I watched this via the internet with unease. What are your thoughts now, a few days after this big @#$% deal, as our Vice President called it?