Monday, September 09, 2013

Running on Empty

When there is no more, how do we, I, go on? Waking up, thinking of the day ahead, my mind aches with chores, duties, and love that must be given out, drawn up from a well whose dank walls release droplets landing deep into the shallow pool.
A well run long, once fresh and clear,  bubbled exuberant
life filled
refreshing
loving
touching
flowing.
The spring, the source, cut short, stopped up.
Debris and waste once filtered out now dam the cleansing flow that filled the well and drenched the parched.
O return dear Lord and guard the heart the source of life and love.
Refresh the weary. Soften the hardened. Release the flow.
Let love abound.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to see a non-Friday post! Although now I have Jackson Browne in my head... heh.

I've felt a similar problem since spring, when I was laid off. Still no job, still struggling with the fact that my job was more of my identity than I would like to have believed. A vague malaise... feeling like my head is full of pudding. Trying to use this time to get closer to God, but it's weird, not having the grounding of something to do/some place to be, every day.

Keep writing, Sandy! Never give up!