Friday, September 27, 2013

True

True: Writing prompt Five Minute

I do not know how to do this in five minutes. True. What is most true is that living life is hard. For me. For many. Maybe for all? Getting up in the morning is the most difficult, thinking about the day that looms ahead, a day so much larger and scarier than my mind or already weary body can fathom. The future I had anticipated with great faith  for the last twenty-five plus years has arrived, and it is not the picture I had envisioned.  The day when the joy of the Lord would fill my house, my kids, my husband. The struggles we had endured during our growing up and old  years would have passed. Communication that had been nonexistent would be found. Healing words would echo off of walls glazed with the Living Holy Spirit. A peace that passes understanding would permeate the sweet aroma of unconditional abounding love. The hard working husband who had built a comfortable life for his wife and family would have found a safe harbor to anchor his broken and bruised heart, allowing the softness he kept locked tight deep in the dank musty bowls of his life vessel, to break forth. His family, wife, friends would see and experience in this life the true hero that lies within.
Yet, still we struggle. My hero still hide the best of him, keeping it safe from the pain of real life. Our home still filled with life, little humans, bigger humans wanting, needing seemingly more of me than I have left to give. A teen struggles, really struggles to remain loyal to the Jesus he loves, but sees the world out there and all is tasty evil. His mother's heart breaks to fix it for him, counsels, but knows he must find the faith that is his alone, or it is no faith at all. So she watches. And prays. Little ones need lunches packed, papers signed, hair combed on picture day, oops. Spankings, and hugs. Cookies, and vegetables. Need to learn so much, do I remember how? Do I have the energy to care?
All these are true. I am weary. The life I had faith was not the one He had ordained for my good and His Glory.
What is even more true than the most true. Is that I still have faith. A better faith now. A faith that He will complete the good work He began in me. In my husband. In my sons. And in the little grandson who are becoming more like sons every day. It is not my vision that I am in faith for any longer. But a greater Vision that will become mine in time. It is true, I am weary, life is hard. Real Hard. But the Truth is the greatest of all and in Him I will rest.

Addendum 
Point being, there is what is true,  and then there is THE TRUTH. The TRUTH trumps true every time. Praise God.

4 comments:

Sandy kimmel said...

ok, so I do not know why this is in two colors, and I do not know how to fix it...

Unknown said...

No worries about the two colors, Sandy! I barely noticed that because of the power of your words. I am humbled by your honesty and transparency. I know the Father sees your heart and all that you are doing for His children. Prayers of blessing, peace, and resilience to you and your family. :)))

Britt @ Screwed On Straight said...

" The future I had anticipated with great faith for the last twenty-five plus years has arrived, and it is not the picture I had envisioned. "

That really resonated with me. This year I celebrated my 30th birthday and my life is definitely not yet what I hoped for - there's still much I want to accomplish and much I want to do. Really though, I'm not sure anyone gets everything they want. I am thankful for the things in my life that do make me happy and I continue to work towards my goals daily. I hope that you find rest and comfort :)

Thank you for sharing your story!

Sandy kimmel said...

I fixed the colors...yea me..