Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I Sawed It

Today I used the circular saw. I wanted to be able to write, "Today I mastered the circular saw." Mastering the saw would be a bit of a streach. I did use the saw, a couple of times. Now, that in itself is quite a feat. The saw has been on the floor, where my workbench should be) for several months. My son Ben was working on a few projects for me a while back. He moved on to other things, the saw stayed. Old Circ has called my name a few times before, but today was the first day I got my girl on enough to pick it up off the floor, plug it in, and press the big spikey blade against a one by two or so, and squeezed the trigger. More than a few scraps cluttered the floor before I carved out the two chunks I needed to put together the lead rope hanger I was building. All went pretty darm well until the final screws needed to be driven in; something happened and the bit jammed. Drew arrived just in the nick of time. After some serious, "What in the He*% are you doing." He did drive in the last few screws, while commenting all the while how he was going to rip it down later and rebuild it better. My injured pride aside, the board was hung, the ropes were draped as planned, all because I over came the fear of the saw.

Of couse I was careful...with the saw. Well, Jay Leno is on cracking bad jokes so I think I am going to quit for now. I was glad to hear from my dear friend Emily Musser. Emily is one young woman who is very dear to me. She truly lives her calling and wears the mantle God has given her. I cannot wait to see where HE has her now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sandy, you are kind. And talented. Not too many women bust out circular saws when they need their barn fixed up.

I don't have your email address. Can you send it to me? - EmilyMusser@hotmail.com