Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Cold Enough Yet?

Burrr....The temperature in the barn rose all the way to ten degrees today. The farrier was here this morning and we were in the barn for almost two hours. Jeff said he was not cold. I was OK until the last twenty minutes or so, then my toes started to lose feeling. I lied and told him I was bothered by the temps. But by the time we went into the office for me to get a check to pay for the work, I was more than a bit cold. Why could I not be "man" enough to just say yep, I'm cold. I mean I am a woman...what's the big deal for me to admit to a man that I was cold. And, it was what, ten degrees? Now, I do dress for the weather, multi-layered, good boots, a hat and a hood. Heck, I don't care what I look like. Sheesh...What kind of pride problem do I have?

I have to get to bed. I overslept this morning and I cannot do that tomorrow morning. Jer has a two hour delay but as of yet school is not canceled. I enjoyed having him home these last few days. Of course today I was busy in the morning and then did not get a chance to spend much time with him this afternoon. I had big plans for today, big plans on what I had wanted to accomplish. I must remember that tomorrow is another day. And regardless in just a few days we will be on vacation. Anything I do not get done before then, will just have to wait till we get home. And moreover, God is bigger than any of my failures. I do have my share of failures, but Jesus has already perfected them by His perfect life and His sacrifice on the cross. My prayer is that the Lord would show me the balance between resting in His Grace and standing up and stepping out in faith to become more like Him.

No comments: