Saturday, February 10, 2007

Cool White Sand

Well, take two. I began the tale of Travels South a few minutes ago, but somehow backspaced myself out of the working window. I wonder how different the old Apple computers work. Do they zap stuff into cyberspace as easily as the PCs or is it all about my incompetence?

Anywho, we are in Florida...just arrived here a few hours ago. The hotel is right on the ocean. I was determined if I was going to be in Florida I was going to see the ocean. By the time we checked in and took our stuff to the room it was dark. So, we tramped off behind the hotel, through the pool area, across a walkway, and up over a gazeebo. The walk continued over the dune and dumped us out on the cool sand. Of couse I had shoes on up until that time, but kicked them off just to feel the sand between my toes. The sand was not warm but I am on vacation and I am having fun. At the very least I am going to experience the ocean, the sand, and everything sunny and warm.

The walk to the water seemed to go on forever; it must have been over a hundred yards. The dark night and the cool temps gave an almost somber sense to the evening. Jer was little nervous to walk into the darkness with the sound of the ocean so far distant we could hear it, but the longer we walked it was if the waves kept creeping out. The white caps could be seen we never did get to them. The waters edge seemed miles from the roar of the rolling ocean. Toes in the shallow cool ripples was as close as we got to the big water.

I am getting tired, and worse that my throat is a bit sore. Please pray that goes away real quick. More tomorrow when we get to our house. I hope I do get to see Soppress and Felipe, I guess we can stop at the farm either way.

I think my Bible is in the car. Will have to look for a Gideons....

1 comment:

Roberto said...

Hey, I hope you're feeling better, Sandy... I've got something nasty, and am sick as the proverbial dog. I keep looking for the magical trifecta of ibuprofen, powerful decongestants, and mucinex. You gotta hit all doses and times just right...

Even if you're sick, however, you're in Florida! Things are shutting down, here, because of a nasty snow storm.

Time to mess with my tinctures, again...