Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sunny Saturday



Jeremiah turned 12 on Wednesday. So hard to believe. Here he is serving his cake and modeling his new shirt form Uncle Glenn and Aunt Sam.
I only have a few minutes. I am supposed to be napping; we are leaving for dinner at 4:30 and then off to the rodeo. Yesterday we went to Sea World, we have pictures on Jer's camera (he got for his birthday) I will post them soon. Today has been a relaxing day 'cept for now that I have to power nap. Not something I do well.

Much later in the day...after my nap; we got back from the rodeo. We went to dinner at Smoky Bones and then to a local rodeo that is always going every year when we are here. I have to shut out the light and get some sleep. I want to write just seems like I can't get the energy and time at the same time.
God's Grace abounds. Always.

5 comments:

Johanna said...

Sent an e-card via email for Jer, Check it out :)

Roberto said...

Hey, Floridians!

It sounds like you're all having a good time, and that's great! Did I read that Cynthia is also down there, or at least headed down? That's good, too... she could use a bit of vacation!

Looking forward to more photos and updates!

--Roberto

Anonymous said...

Did you go to the car or farm show or whatever it is you check out down there yet? I would love to see a picture from there... gotta see what all the excitement is...

Hope you are having a great, refreshing time...
Vic

Sandy kimmel said...

Thanks guys, the weather is great, sorry...
I know yours sucks.
Drew goes to a heavy equipment auction, BIG boy toys.
Cynthia is here, but she brought some cold weather germs with her and she has been ill since she got here. Pray her ears are not plugged when she flies home on Tuesday morning. 'course she is still well enough to romp with Jer in the pool.

Roberto said...

Monday, 18 February 2008

Hey Sandy!

Sorry to hear about Cynthia's cold, but playing in the pool should do the trick (the chlorine, right? That was my rationale, to my parents, why I didn't have to take a shower, growing up: I swam in the pool nearly every day... my dirty, grubby elbows were sanitized, at least).

Anyway, I don't know if you follow Tim Challies blog, but he's got a good post, today. Whenever I see a post about resting, I think I send it to you... because I know you struggle, sometimes, with feeling tired and not always feeling rested even after you've rested. Anyhow, here it is:

How to rest.

- - -

Tomorrow is a crazy day: I drive to our Pittsburgh office, to our Butler office, then to our Meadville office... and then I drive to Grantsville, right by Hershey, just past Harrisburg... and then the next morning I drive further, into Dauphin county, to visit with some foster parents. And then drive back to this side of the state, for care group, at the Wilkins'. That makes me tired, just thinking about it.

Time to get some rest, then, huh?

- - -

See you soon! Keep posting photos!