Friday, May 16, 2008

New Kimmel Kid


Allen and Stacy welcomed their newest son into the world early Tuesday morning. Drew Allen Michael Kimmel is a small 6lb 5oz rooming in at Magee Woman's Hospital in Pittsburgh. He has to stay until at least Monday, so far he has done real well. He was taken off the IV today. Allen says he is good. He and Stacey have been staying in Pittsburgh and Bev has Kaleb.

No, I have not been down to see him, and yes, I feel like a shmuck. I have been so tired this week I can hardly do what I need to let alone make a trip to the City. I had to go to Jer's school today, take the cat to the vet, nap...oh and eat at Bruno's. I will post a picture as soon as I have one.


The picture above is an older one but is of the first two Kimmel grand kids. Cute huh?

Ben is doing OK, going house hunting this weekend. Ned is in Cleveland and then off to Kentucky to visit the Caldwell extended family. He will be gone about six days or so. On Monday he begins his internship with David Altrogge. Seems like my family is growing bigger and better every day. Jer only has a few more days of school. I need an answer as to where to send him to school next year. I visited Seeds of Faith, the new Christian school in Indiana on Thursday. We love the folks at his current school though, and it is cheaper, and he has a bus pick him up at the front door. But, at Seeds of Faith, Debbie Caldwell would be his Middle School teacher with grades 6, 7, and 8 in one class. He would be with older kids instead of younger.

OK, off to sleep for me.
Oh, and my filly is doing well in Uniontown, but no fluids have been ordered for her yet. Tomorrow I am going to Ohio to see Mia, my other filly and see when I can bring her home.

Jer is snoring on my shoulder and my hand is falling asleep. Agghh! My family is growing.

3 comments:

Sandy kimmel said...

Ha, probably resembles at least on or two I have attened.

Oh, and instead of going to bed a House rerun came on so now my whole left side is aleep.

Johanna said...

Congrats on the new grand-baby!! I enjoy getting your life updates, sorry it's been so long since we've "hung-out." My son is home from school, it's great having him around again. I'm eager to hear GOOD news about Dorey, praying. Barry's tossed around breeding Bunnie (to a paint)if she doesn't go soon, she has good bloodlines...we'll see. See ya tomorrow

Roberto said...

Monday, 19 May 2008

Congratulations, Sandy! Wow, your life is just out of control!

I had a fantastic time at the conference, I had an even BETTER time with my sister and her family (it involved a couple of movies at their local dollar theater, two breakfasts at quirky local places, and two dinners at great local places [Mexican, and a wing joint], and being entertained by their cat, Howard, who, if I may be frank, has a catnip problem).

I got back last night (and, still on a wing binge, stopped at Quaker Steak & Lube), and left early this morning. It's been a good day, I'm in my Northumberland hotel room, and ready for bed, soon.

Talk to y'all later. See? I'm still all Southern...