Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sleepy Saturday


I am doing something I never get to do. Saturday morning and I am lying in my bed drinking coffee, eating a bagel, and reading the online news. Jer did the barn chores. Drew made me a pot of coffee before he left for his morning chores, and I am just being lazy. We were out late last night; taking Dory to Uniontown. My vet Erin has a farm she services down there where the owner Alan Shaffer has 50 of his own mares plus those he breeds for others. He raises Standardbreds; harness racers. But he will keep Dory for the next few weeks and take care of all the breeding stuff that I have been doing. Erin is there three days a week anyway so I will save some on vet bills. I have to pay board for her and that will cost a bit, but in the long run it will be far less stressful for me so that is worth a buck or two. AND there will not be a lot of semen chatter on my end.
My house is progressing; the foundation is complete. When it quits raining Dave will come and begin the framing, which is a very exciting development. I have not been up there as much this week so I do not have any new pictures. I will work on that this weekend.
My baby calf is out in the pasture with his mama and all the other cows. He seems to be doing well. We still have several cows due to calf, but they seem to very far behind the others. A bit aggravating because it is much better if they are all on sort of the same schedule/cycle.
Well, I got a phone call and now I need to get up and get busy. I have a wedding shower and then Hannah's graduation today; thats why I have been lazin around this morning since it will be a no nap day.
This is the day the Lord has made; let us be glad and rejoice in it.

i

No comments: