Saturday, October 06, 2007

New House Plans...

Below you will find a copy of the new home we hope to build. We are planning several modifications. The area between the kitchen and the garage will be extended so that it is flush with the front of the house. That space will help increase the size of the dining area and make room for a laundry room and a coat room. Also, on the site where we build we will reverse the house itself so that the garage will be on the other end and the "boys" rooms will be on the the end where the garage is now, literally flipping the house. I hesitate to use the term "flip this house" since it is commonly reference by the entertainment media in home reconstruction on existing homes.

The new house will sit on top of a hill with woods to the rear, the cows down over the hill in the front, and the horse barn to the left of the garage about 3o feet or so. (the cows will be several hundred feet, they are much more odorous) We will build a small barn up on the new property to house several of the horses we ride the most, leaving the rest in our current barn for riding in the arena or to be used as broodmares. Writing this seems really dry, but I am very excited about the whole project. I have deep, deep roots in our current home and moving in the past has always been unthinkable. Lately though, God has done a work in my heart. A house is just that a house, and mine has become increasingly unmanageable for me. Never very domestic, my decreasing energy level only makes the problem worse. I am looking forward to a kitchen across the hall from my bedroom and the living room around the corner from there. Instead of a deck in the rear of the house a four season sun room will annex the sitting room in the master bedroom, serving as my library/reading/writing room. I should be able to see the barn and the pasture from there and be able to drink my morning coffee and watch the sun rise if I gaze in the opposite direction.

We are building with the future in mind and hoping this will serve as the Kimmel Retirement Village for quite some time. Wide doorways and halls will hopefully accommodate any mechanical assistance we may need. I want grab rails in the bathroom yet, am planning quite the nifty shower room in the master bath...Sort of dream home meets the nursing home. Heh heh!

Wow! I just pasted the link for the home plans and it is a doozy. I will try and get some pics of the construction site and post them so I can show off how beautiful it will be. No home can ever replace the castle we live in now. God has so blessed me with the most incredible palace I could ever imagine. The memories and events that have happened here will stay with me forever; I am sure more than a few tears will be shed when moving day drawls near. But for now I am content to dream and plan and trust God for all that He has in store. I know the next twenty will be even more exciting than the last.

http://www.homeplans.com/exec/action/plans/browsemode/details/filter/Flrs.1%3bMSFeatID.9%3bMSFrID.5%3bSQFTMax.2000%3bSQFTMin.1500/hspos/hsnet/page/12/planid/7351/section/homeplans?viewstate=tot.eNozNDMDAAE4AJ4%3d

2 comments:

Roberto said...

Wow, that's pretty nifty, Sandy! How blessed you are, to be able to do something like this!

What will become of your current home? How far away will this new one be from your present location?


--Roberto

Anonymous said...

I REALLY like it.

I know you have so many memories attached to your current home, but you will still be able to visit often and you will be in a new home that will best accomodate you and work for you.

Missing you.
Vic