Tuesday, October 23, 2007



OK OK OK

Here were are, not me I guess, but Jer with my dad and his wife Hazel. We went to visit them last Sunday, the day before my birthday. Allen, Stacy, and Kaleb went along too. We had the most wonderful day. I picked up Kaleb from Bev's in the morning and was able to take him to church, not to show him off to my friends of course. But...it was fun to have folks swarm around and ask about the sweet little one Jer and I were wrestling over. Despite the temptation to stick around an enjoy the spotlight we had to leave early in order to travel to New Bethlehem and pick up Kaleb's parents. My dad was expecting us after lunch. After grabbing Allen and Stacy we headed to Joe's for lunch. Joe's deserves a post all its own. So we will save that for another time. Ha. Ha. The leaves on the hillsides were so beautiful; the sun was warm and the skies were clear. So the drive north was exhilarating and restful.

Once at my dad's we were excited to meet his sheep and enjoy touring his new barn and other improvements. Kaleb was charming as usual so meeting his great-grandpa was a wonder for us all. Allen was so fun to watch as he showed off his young son. Allen and Dad seemed to hit it off as adults, discussing raising sheep, other agricultural topics, even wind power. Watching everyone relax and spend time yapping about everything and nothing was a great blessing to me. The one thing I wanted to do this year for myself, for my birthday, was to spend as much time with as many of my family and friends as possible. When we got home Sunday night I called my brother to catch up on the last six months of our lives. It was good.

I remember after it was all over being filled with a sweet peace as I reflected on the Sunday described above, and also the fun that was had on Monday the 15th, the real day of celebration. I am falling asleep at the keyboard. I will try and recollect and record Monday's adventures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Roberto said...

Nice photo... does your dad have an aging portrait in the attic? He looks the same as I remember him many years ago!

Oh, and tell the story about Joe's!