Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pictures of a hole

Half a holeDave's helper Justin View from my bedroom
Two roads are visible in the picture above. The road closer to the top of the frame is Dutch Run Road. If you do not turn right at the church onto Kimmel School road but continue on down not even a quarter mile, you would be on this stretch of road. The wooden posts in the picture are about 25" outside my bedroom window; they will connect to the horse barn when it is built. The walk to the barn will be more like a hop. Well, OK...I do not hop. But it will not be very far. I will be able to talk to the horses from the house. Yes, they will answer.
My thigh is more sore today than it was yesterday, but still not as bad as it could have been. I am very grateful. Our little sick calf is doing much better. Drew and I dumped, literally, a bag of electrolytes down its throat this morning and a bag a calf baby formula this evening around five. We went up to check on him around nine and he was up walking around looking for an evening snack from his mama. This is a very good sign. We had been going to give him some more electrolytes but decided just to leave them alone and see how he is in the morning. I have been praying for him, and God has been good.

I did not make it to Care Group, again. Bummer. Got in from the barn late, dinner was late. So it was too late to go. My disciplines are so weak. But so am I lately. It seem like I have no energy what so ever. I know my thyroid is still not regulated. I go back to see the new doc next Wednesday and am anxious to see what he has to say. I am waiting for one more picture to upload and I am going to sleep. Enough adventure for one day.
I love this picture. Jer and Lucy contemplating.

2 comments:

Roberto said...

Nice photos, and another great post. I went to care group tonight, and only make it maybe 50% of the time, so it was a surprise... so I went FOR you.

I keep getting this weird mental picture of you pouring electrolytes down the calf's throat. I imagine all kinds of lightning bolts now coming out of it's hooves, or something.

Vicki said...

Great pics. Love the one of Lucy and Jere. Hey I was wondering... what ever happened to the dog you got in Canada and tied to the barn? Did Drew get to her?

Glad you aren't too sore from getting kicked. I missed CG too. I was just too tired. Steve is working me hard - by 3 pm today my world just stopped and I had to take a nap (woke up at 8 pm.) I call this job security though... The insomnia is getting a little better.

Have I said I love my job yet today? - I love my job... Steve bought me a smartphone today - it has a palm and excel, word, powerpoint, email, camera, the internet... and I think it will mow my grass for me.