Friday, April 25, 2008

Hole with Cement Blocks

Hard to believe it is finally happening. By late next week the foundation with be laid. I cannot imagine how it will go from there.

Our sick calf seems to be doing better. But he has rallied and regressed before. Tonight though when right after we "tubed" a half gallon of calf formula down his throat he wobbled sixty feet over to his mama and latched on to one of her spigots and began to eat on his own. Wow. I will be glad to see him recover; it has been a challenge caring for him. Checking on him three times a day is time and energy consuming, but the emotional up and down has been hard. He is the nicest calf we have had so far; at least as far as physical appearance and overall form. He comes from the best lineage.

Today was a super day weather wise. It never got unbearably warm, and the breeze was pleasant and almost like a light summer quilt...kind of snuggly. Oh I don't know I just love sunshine and moderate temps. I guess the peace of God was just upon me today. The contentment that embraces me fills me with such a heavy sense of God's Goodness.

Ned was out with some guys from REC. They did not get a good turnout and the small crowd left early. Ned called in some reinforcements to help eat the extra brats and mountain pie stuff. As far as I know eating and fire watching is still going on. I am so proud of him. Again God's grace abounds and is evidenced in Ned's gratefulness and gentle spirit. Much going on in that young man's life.

Again, sleep beckons. See His Goodness in the simple stuff and rejoice.

2 comments:

Roberto said...

Monday, 28 April 2008

Wow... no comments, yet?

I'm surprised how vicariously interested I am about this new house, Sandy. It's quite a project, and everyone dreams of having their own home, built just to their specifications. Enjoy the American Dream!

I'm probably about a week behind where I need to be. I have a long list of things that need to get done in every area of my life, from paying bills and doing laundry to Youth Camp and TRANSFORM stuff to actual work things. I'm gone three days, this week, which doesn't make my situation better.

I recently realized that part of my overall lethargy may be related to my allergies... popping a Claritin, yesterday, has made me feel a lot better, overall. No itchy, watery eyes!

I need to prioritize some stuff, and get moving. Talk to you all later!

Vicki said...

Any more pics Sandy? I love the play-by-play. Oh I can't wait to see it... it is going to be so beautiful!