Monday, April 21, 2008

Hmmm...Updates

Ben spent a relaxing weekend in NYC with some college buddies and some of the dads. Sounds like they had fun and did not whoop it up too much. His eye is some better, at least he is driving. He was supposed to go to the DR's today, an opthamologist, to check the progress. But the whole process is challenging for him. His neuro guy says it could take a few months until the full effect of the steroids is seen. So, Ben opted to wait a few more weeks instead of going now and they again. I guess he can see improvement but not complete restoration. This is a good thing as the last time he had trouble his eye got worse and stayed worse. I continue to pray he will see it as God's healing mercy and turn to Him for a heart restoration.

Allen is doing well. Waiting for son number two; should only be a few weeks. He worked for Drew today to fill in for Ben who did not get home until this afternoon. I picked him up this morning so I got to spend some time yacking. Good to see him.

Randy is working for a tree farmer part time/under the table. Shhh. Also seems to be doing well. Managing his money and taking better care of himself and his apartment than I have seen for a while. Easier to talk to, no so random or hostile.

I am leftover exhausted from yesterday I think. My legs started to get pretty achy by this evening. I am in bed on a heating pad. Heh.

God's peace has filled me in a new way these last few days. Not sure what's going on, except maybe I am beginning in a very small way to be more releasing with myself and those who trespass against me. A bit tongue in cheek here. Aye? But a lot of truth in the humor.

I took some pictures this evening of our growing hole on the hill but the camera and the necessary cord are downstairs in the kitchen. Not going back down there. Tune in tomorrow I guess.

Loving the weather my God has provided. Nite All.

Oh Vic, I am oh so very sorry about the fall. Good girl not to even look around. Just pick yourself up and hold your head tall.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Thanks for the updates Sandy. I agree that Randy seems to be doing a lot better. I talked to him at Drew's party and told him I was so proud of him for how well he is doing at work.

I am off to Beaver County tomorrow. I get to rent a car and go for a nice drive.

Take care all... good night.

Roberto said...

Beaver County! Yeah! I was there yesterday, will be there today, AND tomorrow! It's a nice little area.

Another "thanks" for the updates, Sandy. It's good to hear how everyone is doing.

Can't wait for the new photos!