Friday, August 01, 2008

Corona

Sandy n Anna
Drank my first Corona today complete with a slice of lime. And, I liked it. Drew and Jer and I sat on the swimming dock with some of our Canadian friends. We spent most of the afternoon in the water or just sitting in the sun talking about nothing in particular. Well one of the guys did ask us what we thought about the candidates running for president. I shuddered inside and out just thinking about what Drew's answer would be...with good reason. He proved me right. Yikes, but then it is true that there is not much good to say. Fortunately, we had already had a good long day to that point. Ha Ha.
Well, tonight is our last night at the cottage. We leave in the morning around ten, head south towards Toronto. Several stops along the way have become routine in our journey, some for food, some for shopping. We found a new shop earlier this week. One rainy day we went to town to get lunch and "dumb around". On the way home we stopped off at an antique shop, which doubled as a bake shop/coffee shop. I ate one of the most delectable sweet crumbly pastry treats I have ever tasted. Butter tarts they are called. Imagine warm, sweet, and butter all in the same tasty treat.

OK, I am too tired to continue on. We have had a good week. God is good to me, this I know.

5 comments:

Vicki said...

I am so glad you are having a good time. It sounds wonderful... so relaxing... Enjoy yourself.

I would have loved to hear what Drew said when asked that question... and I can imagine you saying under your breath... oh brother... here we go again...

I love being on a virtual vacation with you guys... this is a lot of fun... and I don't even have to get bit up by all them there bugs... thanks for posting... keep them coming...

Vicki said...

Ok, WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME???? You have been gone forever and ever...

Hope to get some fresh hamburger too... mmmm, just don't show me the picture of the cow I am eating...

Can I buy a small amount - 10 pounds or so?

Vicki said...

Well, I think I will call this my blog now. I am the only one who is writing anything...

So really embarrassing moment today... did you ever do something and not realize that it is a little strange and by the time you realize you have done something crazy it's too late???

I had the hiccups. The ONLY way I have ever been able to get rid of the hiccups is by slowly drinking a glass of water and breathing deeply in and out. I think breathing the air that comes back from the bottom of the glass does something... but what do I know.

If hopping on one foot while patting my head got rid of the hiccups, well, you would be hearing that story right now...

Anyway, I didn't have a glass, but I did have water... in a bottle. So I was parked at a bank and took a sip of water. But because I think there is a link between breathing in and out the air in the glass (ok, I am about to share one reason I am probably still single...) I held the bottle up to my nose. But the opening was too small for both nostrils so I held it up to one nostril and held the other one shut and then swallowed the water... And then I looked to my right and saw a couple getting out of their car and they saw me...

But it worked... I didn't have the hiccups after that... or my pride.

Vicki said...

Well, I am getting a little lonely here talking to myself...

Had a great experience last night. I had the privilege of teaching Trevor how to ride a bike. He did such a great job. I was so proud of him.

He went from going a few feet and then crashing into the grass to learning how to balance and look straight ahead (instead of his feet) and he road his bike up and down the street in his neighborhood all by himself.

That was such a special treat to get to share that with him.

I am going to Idlewild on Thursday. I am really excited to go. My dad, step-mom, her family and my niece and her family will all be there. We take a ton of food and get a pavilion. Then everyone rides the rides and my dad and I stay back and just hang out in the pavilion for a few hours. It is so special. I never get to talk to my dad that long - just the two of us.

Roberto said...

An American, in Canada, drinking Mexican beer? You're so bohemian, Sandy!

Glad you're back, can't wait for your next update!