Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Leg....acy

Our lost cat is home again. I went and fetched her from the animal hospital yesterday afternoon. Her face shows most clearly the weight she has lost. Previously she was one hefty kitty, not obese or portly, just stout. Now her little cheeks are sunken in. She wants to eat constantly and then sleeps like, ah, like me after a hard day...or any day. Simply, she really zonks out. There I go with that word really. The vet sewed her leg back on, leaving the joint to rebuild itself with soft tissue. I spose it will never be right, but she should have limited use of it. The story of her journeys unknown, but her return home is welcome. Her legacy as a Kimmel cat will contiue on.
Hence the title, leg...acy.
I have been shopping for lighting fixtures on line. I know what I do not like; some I kinda like; so far nothing I love. Johanna, HELP!
So many things to decide on. Some of it is fun, but for me who can hardly decide which socks to wear, it can be a tad tedious.
Rode my baby Mia this evening. Drew tagged along at my request. She can be a bit rambunctious, but today she was very well behaved; after we got her bitted up. At first I had no problem with her, but the last few times she started throwing her head up and be a real snot. I think I am doing something wrong, 'cause she is normally a people pleaser. Jer has been trying to coach me. He can do it with no problem, but I still have some trouble with my right shoulder and cannot put my arm up over her head to hold it in place. Either way it took Drew and I both to get the job done. And Drew got his first foot stomped on injury. I apprieciate his willingness to step up and help even after she stepped on his ankle...hard.
OK, I need to be praying for more self discipline and list making. I feel I am getting lost in the fuzzy headed fog again; just stabbing here and there at a blurry mental list of chores that need to be tackled. Not finishing any one project leaves me feeling frustrated and disappointed in myself.
I know God has ordained my tasks and my daily mission in life. I need to spend time trying to hear His plan and then work at pursuing it.
Nite now.
sek

2 comments:

Roberto said...

Your posts are encouraging and inspiring, Sandy!

I have zero feedback, regarding lighting fixtures.

Thank you for posting, long posts, too, even when you're tired and have better things to do!

Vicki said...

Did I miss the cat story? Was the leg still partially attached? Sounds terribly painful. Does the cat limp now or not use that leg?

Lighting fixtures... here are some websites I found... (I don't know how to make it a link here)

http://barnlightelectric.com/index.php/Barn-Lights-Chandeliers/View-all-products.html

http://www.texaslightsmith.com/www/chandeliers.php

(The second link has a lot of lights with the Texas star, but they have some keepers too... Love the copper farmhouse sinks)

I have never met anyone who was building their house who said it was a fun, enjoyable time. So many decisions to make, hard to find the products you want, stuff comes in wrong or broken... it will soon be over though and you will get to rest and enjoy the fruits of your labor...

How about some updated pics of the house...