Tuesday, August 26, 2008

One Week


One week has passed since Drew, Bev, and I began sharing the responsibility of caring for Allen's two young sons. The boys parents are unable at this time to do that. Drew has helped in countless ways but the physical care has been mostly Bev and I. I am the more fortunate one as I have Jer, friends, and other family to help me with my shifts. When she is on duty she is on her own. Please pray for her strength and endurance. We are all having fun and are overjoyed to be spending so much time with our little grandsons/nephews, but it is wearing and has more or less turned my old life upside down. But God in His goodness has provided wisdom and grace for every challenge. I will post a few more picture as I was snapping away this morning, but am going to take a much needed nap at the moment. My two little men just went down for afternoon naps. So instead of doing anything that needs done. Sleep beckons.

7 comments:

Roberto said...

That sounded pretty wise, Sandy: napping while the tykes napped!

When does Jer start school, and which school is he going to? I have this nagging thought that the school he's attended the last year or two only went up to a certain grade, thus a new school would need to be found at some point.

Major, major, major hotel stays, already planned for next month. Something like 12 days, already. I'm going to see what's left on my company card for this month and spend the rest on a hotel gift card, so I don't have to max out my card, in September, just on hotels.

Peace out, everyone... keep us updated, Sando!

Sandy kimmel said...

Jer's school is new, in Indiana. Seeds of Faith Christian Academy.
Don't max yourself out Rob.

Roberto said...

Wow, just checked out his school on the 'net. Very impressive. The "FAQ" page was especially illuminating.

Seriously, it sounds exciting! I was in WalMart last night, late, like around 11 PM, and was (1) amazed at the number of parents and young [5-10 years-old] in there at that hour and (2) kind of getting a vicarious thrill from looking at all of the back-to-school supplies. I love that stuff!

$300 gift card for hotels on it's way. Even if I had to use my own card/money, expenses are reimbursed every two weeks, directly deposited, which is nice... when I started with the company, six years ago, expenses took 2-3 months to be reimbursed. Now we're apparently making money hand over fist, and most everyone likes the taste of that...

What grade is Jer entering? If it's 7th, you guys can start coming to the TRANSFORM meetings...

Hope you're getting rest, and that your heart is settled. Your spiritual growth is paying off! It's so nice for me to keep reminding myself that I'm not in charge, God is. I can barely keep my laundry under control, much less anything else in my life!

Vicki said...

I am sure this is all bitter sweet. Precious time to spend with the grandkids but under difficult circumstances.

Praying for you Sandy.

On a deadline. Working hard. Lovin' my job though... :)

Sandy kimmel said...

Rob,
I meant that I did not want you to max YOURSELF out, not your credit cards.

Sandy kimmel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roberto said...

Oh... good point, Sandy.

Now officially being in my "mid-forties," I am finding that it's easier to max myself out than my credit cards... is that a definition of getting older?

Have a great day, everyone.