Thursday, February 12, 2009

Computer in the Rut

Woke up with a cold this morning. Truly, I knew when I went to bed what was coming. Drew has been sick since the trip coming down. He worsened after arriving and only seeming improved today. Coughing, fever, chills, snotty nose; all the worst of cold and flu symptoms. As I drifted off to sleep last eve fear gripped my aching body and my troubled soul. Would I too be afflicted so miserably? I dread sickness with trembling trepidation. Waking, and then working through my daily tasks are daily a bit of a challenge, when I add sickness to the trial I am one unhappy momma. As I woke through the night with a increasingly scratchy throat my anger at Drew and his insensitivity in passing his viral disease on to myself. How dare he sneeze and hack into the air we were forced to share? What thoughtlessness. Uncaring disregard for my well-being. Callous oversight.
Waking in dismay, I cleared my throat and quickly dressed in street clothes as apposed to my usual swimsuit and towel. The local drugstore was my destination. Stocked up on new and cutting edge homeopathic and traditional cold remedies I now await a speedy recovery. By the grace of God I will not progress to the agonies suffered by my dear dear husband.

To add insult to agony, my own personal laptop has suffered a tragic in injury. Unsure if it is mortal I wait input from my dear son Ned. I am about to get a morsel of breakfast/lunch before I open my newly purchased devotional...Meditations on Sin and Mercy, not sure of the title, but I am painfully sure it will convict my vengeful attitude and bitter heart...
Smiling in humility,
Sandy

3 comments:

Roberto said...

Thursday, 12 February 2009

Wow, you guys never do anything halfway, Sandy! If you have to be sick, at you're in a nice place, where rest and relaxation is the norm.

Too bad about your notebook, however. It's kind of scary, for me to think about how much of my life is so enmeshed and entwined between my two lappys. I back them up regularly, but, still.

Feel better and enjoy your book (although I can't read when I'm ill... I typically just sleep and drink lots of water).

Sandy kimmel said...

Yes, we do believe in going all out. I am still waiting to see how bad it gets. Took the battery out of the computer and let it set for a while; started up. I have a little mini drive I saved some pictures on in case I have more trouble.

Roberto said...

Saturday, 14 February 2009

Hey Sandy... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEREMIAH! Whoo!

I hope you're feeling better and that you felt good enough for Drew to take you out to a nice, Valentine's dinner.

Look forward to seeing you soon (when do you guys get back?)!