Thursday, February 19, 2009

on our way home

Saw snow for the first time this afternoon, first time in two weeks anyways.
Snuggled in at a Sleep Inn in southern West Virginia. We have about 5-6 hours left to drive tomorrow. I am very ready to get home to my kids, babies, horses, and hounds. I know the weather is brutal at home, but I will just have to get used to it again.
I love my life in the north, the cold cold not so much, but i enjoy my outdoor chores and even the changing seasons that go along with them.
The physical work keeps my mind and body working more efficiently. Not as efficient as they could mind you, but better than they would otherwise. All day I think of stuff to write; I brought my computer in but now I cannot think of what I wanted to say. Too tired to distracted.
Fox news is on...

1 comment:

Roberto said...

Friday, 20 February 2009

Welcome home, Sandy (and Drew and Jeremiah)!!!

The good thing about coming back to nasty weather is that it makes your stories, to everyone, about how WARM it was down there, all the better.

Hope to see you in church!