Wednesday, February 04, 2009

snowing a bit


How can someone be homesick if they haven't even left for vacation? I should be in the barn with Jer. Instead I am doing nothing; well writing, but not much of anything. More nothing than something, cause I think my brain has already drifted off to sleep. A no-nap day. Kinda busy.

In case anyone needs to know: someone without a PA state ID card or any kind of ID card can fly on a domestic flight without an ID. Sound like a tongue twister? Try living it for the last 48 hours without getting a straight answer from any government agency. Finally called AAA and got a polite, considerate, hopefully accurate answer. Do nothing. Sure wasted a lot of time and energy doing stuff to find out nothing was what I needed to do all along.

Going to a soup dinner at Skip and Julia's old church in an hour or two. Still have Drew's stuff to pack and gather some last minute toiletries. My computer cord is broken so I am using an older replacement one; the first one broke also, well, frayed apart at the seem. The one I am using now will not allow the AC power adapter to charge the battery. Don't ask me. My brain matter is mush. Maybe I do need this vacation, and I know I sound ungrateful for now wanting to go. Gonna take a short nap...

Oh, and the cat...just kinda how I feel today.

No comments: