Sunday, February 08, 2009

South on 4

The big day is finally here. We are only a few hours, less really, from our Florida destination. Seems like it took us forever to get here. We did to add in an extra day, which means we had to go to Target to buy underwear cause I miss-figured the days we'd be in a hotel. Now we have more underwear packed mind you, but it is in the larger more inaccessible bags.

Jer and I played on the beach at St. Augustine last evening for a little while. He did not want to go, but then ended up rolling in the sand and filling his brown curls and his underwear with the dirty white grains. The shower was a slow drainer so the tub looked like a coal miner had showered by the time Jer was finished. I should have posted last nite from the hotel, but by the time we got in from dinner, I was wiped out. You know from riding, eating, taking a short walk on the beach. Is that a sign of old age or a sick mind? Who cares really....

Truly though, much of it was grief. I lost a friend last night. Not lost, I know where she is, in Heaven's Presence. But she is temporarily lost to me and her large loving family. Jer had gone to visit her with me before we left, I was so very proud of how he handled himself and how he tried to reach out to me last nite. In my maturity and exceptional mothering skills, I mumbled a few thank yous and crawled between the white sheets.
Gotta go, my battery is to die soon.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

ferlo... (still obsessed with word verification...)

Keep posting Sandy... Missing you.

Praying you have rest and relaxation...

Sandy kimmel said...

Hope your dad is doing well. I will check your blog...love ya