Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Celebrate Wednesdays

Today is a celebration of Cool's first trail ride. I can hardly believe it. I saddled her up, rode to the end of the drive, and went left. Not up the hill to the arena, but left on the rode and then a quick right up the haul road for a local mine. After five P. M. there would be not traffic. Remember, I can ride after five since Cool's stomach is still on Eastern Standard Time, and five is four to her. Anyway, there we were, my horse and I, headed into uncharted territory. Trees on one side the back side of homes and fields on the other. I had never been up this road before, alone, or with Drew, and here I was atop my favorite horse on an adventure. Soon the fields turned into woods, a pond, probably a runoff pond from the cleaning plant. But to me this afternoon it was Lake Ontario. My jumpy, finicky, won't step in a puddle, sweetheart of a mare, just tromped up the dirt road like she was carrying a queen to her palace. At least that is how I felt. I kinda think she did too. She was a little hesitant a couple of times and she side stepped to avoid the muddy water, but she was the bravest steed ever. Whew, it was a blast.

Proof that stepping out into new and sometimes frightening adventures can be OK. More than OK. Incredible! Adventures under the covering of the Holy Spirit are adventures of the High Soaring spiritual type. No words recorded in Webster's can describe the joy, peace, contentment, more, more, more. The thrill and excitement of walking into a scary place and coming out whole are indescribable. Riding off the farm today was something we had never done. We stepped out in faith and returned victorious. The metaphor may seem weak, but the horses represent a whole new world for me. Everyday is a new risk-filled event. Every day, Jesus goes before me, paves the way and leads me on. Overwhelming gratitude and love for my Savior swell up and spill out, leaking and spraying ecstasy all over your/my world.

My horse is named Cool Rhythm.

No comments: