Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday Night
Well, well, well. Where on earth have I been? Seems like forever since I have written anything. I am missing my own words... Heh, heh! I have been very busy. I had a dr.s appointment this morning, just in Elderton, a chiropractor's appointment this afternoon, also in Elderton. I babysat baby Isabella yesterday while Alison went for my groceries. We played and told stories for a bit and than took a nap on the couch together. She slept in her little seat beside my feet and I curled up above her. We were sleeping when Ali came back. It was kind of cute. Sounds a little bit presumptions, but the baby was cute I just happened to be in the picture.

My horses have been having a blast playing outside. They think there is grass in the pasture; there isn't. They sure spend a lot of time chewing dirt I guess. Horses won't eat dirt really; they are able to sift apart even the smallest of particles in their feed. I have a mare, Zulu, who would eat everything except a soft powdery additive, Rice Bran. It has the consistency of powdered sugar. I am amazed at the dexterity of her lips. My new filly, oops forgot to say about that.

Wednesday afternoon I brought home a yearling filly, kind of a light red roan. It's hard to say what color she will shed out too be. But she is a real sweetheart, a Paso Fino with a black and white pinto paso for a sire. She could throw (give birth too) pinto marked colored babies. She was left to stand in the field for most of her first 12 months so she does not act her age. Though she seems very eager to learn and very, very anxious to be loved on. I had her out in the round pen today most of the day. I had some hay, a water bucket, and a feed pan with her own special sweet feed all outside in the sunshine. We walked around practicing walking with a lead rope. Some of the time I just sat in a lawn chair enjoying the fine weather. Mia, short for a much longer official Spanish name. My camera is broken so I will have to get Ned to take few photos so I can post them up like a proud mama.

OK, I must get some sleep. No funny stories or lessons to be learned, my mind and body are weary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady,
Congrats on your new baby girl! Sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't had a lot of horsey time this week, a bummer since the weather was so nice. They're also enjoying being out in the dirt. Sara started lessons again and Bunnie may go for a month of training soon. She's had a good start and her first trail ride of the season. Right now we're trying to cram a lot of school into the remaining school year. Maybe we'll pop over to see the new baby soon. Johanna