Thursday, May 24, 2007

All's Well that Ends

The mare is bred. School is out for the summer. Yippee. We went to the end of the year program at Grace Christian School. Got my hair cut this afternoon. Ali got groceries. I am sitting with an ice pack; just took a pill and I'm breathing from the belly. All is good. It is amazing how God brings a day to an end and hope abounds. So many evenings I have allowed regret and anxiety to rob me of that end of the day peace that comes from jobs well done, or maybe just done, or perhaps at least written down on a list.

My primary prayer for my life is that I would learn to establish reasonable goals for each day and then discipline myself to accomplish them. I know God desires for me to walk strong in His calling on my life. In the past I have quickly filled my "hope I can" list with way more than I could ever realistically accomplish. I shied away from important tasks when they seemed overwhelming. By ignoring paperwork, phone calls, and appointments that needed to be made, I created enough home grown stress to keep my anxiety meter running way up in the red. Ok, I gotta save and come back later; fatigue is consuming my conscious mind. I do want to come back to this thougth though.

3 comments:

Roberto said...

Glad to hear you're looking at things differently, and taking steps to do things differently.

TEACH ME!

God really does work in strange ways (thinking of my life, mostly), and praising Him, even when things are good... great, even, isn't always a natural thing, for me.

Have a great weekend, and, um, "yay!" for your horse. WAY too much information about that process, for me. I'd be happy to simply hear "we have a new horse!" and assume the rest of the details were handled by the stork, not as played by a FedEx guy delivering bodily fluids... heh heh...

Sandy kimmel said...

Oh Roberto, you make me laugh, which I can now do without pain. God is good. But alas, I did not even tell you about the two foot long straw and the large plastic syringe. HaHA!

Vicki said...

Hey Sandy...
Where's the grandbaby pictures...
I've been waiting for the pictures, the story...

Hope you are feeling ok... I got the email... What a cutie.