Friday, May 18, 2007

Dishwasher II
Still not working properly. After running the entire cycle, a hard hazy scum is left on the dishes. The glasses do not even appear to have been cleaned. Again this morning I called the good people at Lowes and was asked if I had well water. Yes, I answered with a 5000$ purifying system on it. Oh, they say, well let me talk to the head guy. I wait. You know you bought the Cadillac of dishwashers so it is probably not the fault of the dishwasher. I am instructed to phone the manufacturer to see if any other appliances similar to mine have experienced similar problems. I should ask them what they suggest. I balked trying to control my rage. Why should I spend 500$ on a dishwasher, pay to have it installed, incorrectly, then pay my own plumber to fix the technician's mistake, now I have to telephone KitchenAide to see what they think I should do.

I used to use a local shop for all my appliance purchasing and repair. They were forced out of business by the mega stores, like Lowes. Now, I am forced to pay more for inferior service. How like the world this is. It makes grandiose promises as to its ability to satisfy and provide us with entertainment, excitement, and a brave new world. What we end up with is an empty meaningless, and costly substitute for the pure and simple Love of Jesus. Best of all it is free. He does not charge us twice for an inferior product.

I must go help Sheldon finish the chores.

1 comment:

Roberto said...

Sheldon? Bennett? If so, don't believe a word he says about me. Lies... all lies.

Nah, just kidding. He's a good guy! Another one it's fun to watch grow and mature in his faith and personality.

If some other Sheldon, well, all bets are off. Heh.